What is Warm Water Therapy?
Our warm water therapy pool provides easier exercise for many types of patients from strained muscles, post operative recovery and back pain to total joint replacements.
The 90 degree water will release stiffness, reduce pain and relax the mechanical stress on the soft tissue. The resistance provided by the water allows for gradual strength and stamina gains. By decreasing body weight with the buoyancy provided by the water, this will allow patients to do more exercise in the water than they can do on land.
Stamina gains are increased by reduced joint and soft tissue stresses allowing increased repetitions of their exercises. By moving through a constant water resistance, patients will gain more strength by utilizing all muscle groups with each exercise. Active movement through the water also challenges balance while providing a safe supportive atmosphere.
Make your rehabilitation easier with individualized exercise in our warm water pool.
What Conditions Does Warm Water Therapy Treat?
- Strained muscles
- Post-operative recovery
- Total Joint replacements
- Back pain
- Knee pain
- General weakness
Warm Water Therapy benefits
- 94-degree water releases stiffness and reduces pain.
- Resistance provided by the water allows for comfortable gains in strength and stamina.
- Functional gains are increased by reduced stress on joints and soft tissue allowing increased exercise repetition.
- Buoyancy provided by the water allows patients to do more exercise in the water than they can do on land.
- Moving through a constant water resistance, patients gain more strength by utilizing all muscle groups with each exercise.
- Improve balance in a safe supportive atmosphere.
What You Need to Know
To Schedule an Appointment:
- Make an appointment with your doctor.
- Make sure your doctor refers you to Holly Street Physical Therapy for this treatment.
What Insurance Do You Take?
We accept all major insurance providers.
Do I Need Insurance?
We will see patients without insurance. For these appointments we accept cash payments.
Still Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
Get a Free Exercise Class Now
Get a free exercise class designed to complement your physical therapy by signing up for our newsletter now.