What is Kinesiotape?
Kinesiotape is a medical grade elastic tape used in conjunction with rehabilitative taping techniques. Kinesiotape is designed to provide support and stability to muscles and joints as well as reducing swelling.
When kinesiotape is applied, it lifts the skin just enough to allow by-products of inflammation to be removed from the affected area.
Kinesiotape can be applied anywhere on the body while still allowing full range of motion.
Different strengths, amount of stretch and specialized shapres are applied based on patient needs.
What Conditions Does Kinesiotape Treat?
Kinesiotape treats the following conditions:
- Inflammatory conditions
- Hypermobile joints
- Muscle strains
- Sports injuries
- Inflamation drainage by slightly lifting the skin
- Helps the function of weak muscles
- Reduces pain and muscle fatigue by providing joint support
- Increases blood circulation promoting healing
- Optimizes performance allowing full range of motion
What You Need to Know
To Schedule an Appointment:
- Make an appointment with your doctor.
- Make sure your doctor refers you to Holly Street Physical Therapy for this treatment.
What Insurance Do You Take?
We accept all major insurance providers.
Do I Need Insurance?
We will see patients without insurance. For these appointments we accept cash payments.
Still Can't Find What You Are Looking For?
Get a Free Exercise Class Now
Get a free exercise class designed to complement your physical therapy by signing up for our newsletter now.