What is Cold Laser Therapy?
Specific red and infrared wavelengths are absorbed into the tissue. These promote both superficial and deep tissue repair, reduce inflammation and reduce edema. The light therapy will accelerate the time needed to heal soft tissue injuries.
Some of the conditions for which light therapy is beneficial are muscle spasms, arthritic pain, bursitis, low back pain, frozen shoulders, post operative shoulders, epicondylitis, wrist and hand injury, ankle sprains and plantar fasciitis.
Light Therapy is indicated for three categories of ailments including:
The underlying mechanisms for pain and inflammation reduction are complex but are believed to include one or a combination of the following factors:
- Increased blood flow
- Modulation of NO synthesis
- Release of endorphins and other natural pain killers produced by the body
- Modulation of somatosensory evoked potentials
- Modulation of Prostaglandins & Cytokines
- Direct effort on nerve cells and their axons
- Direct effect on white blood cells-the cells involved in the resolution of inflammation
What Conditions Does Light Therapy Treat?
Light Therapy is used for the following conditions:
- Arthritis – Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Tension Headache occasioned by neck muscle spam
- Shoulder and Neck Pain
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
- Atypical Facial Pain (facial nerve entrapment)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Low Back Pain
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia
- Lateral Epicondylitis
- Medial Epicondylitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Sprain
- Muscle Contusion
What You Need to Know
To Schedule an Appointment:
- Make an appointment with your doctor.
- Make sure your doctor refers you to Holly Street Physical Therapy for this treatment.
What Insurance Do You Take?
We accept all major insurance providers.
Do I Need Insurance?
We will see patients without insurance. For these appointments we accept cash payments.