What is Low Back Pain (LBP)?
Low back pain (LBP) is one of the most common causes of disability in adults and a common reason for lost work days. An estimated 149 million days of work per year are lost due to LBP. This condition causes significant financial hardship due to lost wages and productivity.
- 80 percent of the population will experience an episode of LBP
- 95 percent recover within a few months
- 20-44 percent of working populations will have recurrence of LBP within 1 year
- 85 percent of working populations will have recurrence of LBP in lifetime
Physical therapy interventions can help with the intensity and length of the LBP episode. Utilizing focused exercise and modalities, we can help you get back to doing what you want to do sooner. Every patient is instructed in a home exercise program to speed their recovery and help prevent a reoccurrence.
What Causes Back Pain?
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Pinched Nerves
- Hip Torsion
- Foramina Stenosis
What is the Treatment for Low Back Pain?
One key service we use to treat back pain is spinal traction. It can be performed manually or mechanically to decompress the spine in order to relieve back pain. It takes pressure off the nerves by gently stretching the soft tissue surrounding the spine.
After an evaluation, other treatments that may be used in conjunction with traction are:
- Heat Modalities
- Core Strengthening
- Lower Extremity Stretching and Strengthening
- Laser Treatments
- Kinesiotaping methods
- Dry Needling
Low Back Pain Treatment Benefits:
- Increase flexibility
- Reduce pain
- Improve joint mobility
- Increase core strengthening
What You Need to Know
To Schedule an Appointment:
- Make an appointment with your doctor.
- Make sure your doctor refers you to Holly Street Physical Therapy for this treatment.
What Insurance Do You Take?
We accept all major insurance providers.
Do I Need Insurance?
We will see patients without insurance. For these appointments we accept cash payments.